Binge Eating Disorder & Emotional Eating
Binge Eating Disorder & Emotional Eating are symptoms used to self-soothe and cope with a variety of feeling states. These behaviors lead to guilt feelings, self-loathing, depression, and feeling more out of control with food. The binge/diet cycle ultimately leads to more weight gain and lowered self-esteem. This cycle cannot be cured or healed with yet another diet.
Warning Signs of Binge Eating Disorder & Compulsive Overeating:
- Constant Weight Fluctuations
- Yo-yo dieting
- Feeling a lack of control around food
- Low Self-Esteem
- Late night binging
- Closet or sneak eating; hiding or hoarding food
- Self-loathing in regards to overeating
- Inner critical voices
- Eating to the point of painful fullness
- Depressed or anxious moods
- Eating large amounts of food in a short amount of time (usually under two hours)
If you are interested in more information, please call 973-783-2292 or email us.